8 x 8 inches
We may be at the furthest point away from the sun but, as quickly as we meet that point, we begin our movement back towards the sun again.
Mark the moment of the Winter Solstice. Dec. 22, 2011, 12:30 AM EST
- Light a candle (in solidarity with the sun)
- Meditate (just sit still, close your eyes and pay attention to your breath)
- Say a prayer of thanksgiving that the light is overcoming the darkness
- Make an intention to BE the light that is overcoming the darkness
- Learn about the Winter Solstice and the many ways in which it is celebrated
- Spend some time looking at the sky
- Remember that we are held by gravity on a beautiful planet revolving around a star
- Listen to me sing Gustav Holst's In the Bleak Midwinter from Out Under the Sky
Thank you for being alive at this moment of awakening.
Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!
Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by Email! Add to iGoogle
Learn about my Online Drawing and Watercolor Courses
Join my Tribe and receive a FREE package of inspiration
- Free Drawing Lesson eBook
- Free Song Download (my well-loved Great Day)
- and my Weekly eZine Stroke and Flow